Thursday, June 20, 2013

Rainy Day Box

I love exploring the outdoors with my son!  We walk on trails, look for bugs, and take plenty of pictures!  Every sunny day, we just throw on our shoes and go out the door.


holding my hand on the trail


But what do we do when it rains?  Well, after reading a couple of books and searching pinterest I found the idea of creating a rainy day box!  So, what is it?  Simply put: It's a box filled with activities for a rainy day.  I keep new and different items inside the box, so it becomes an exciting moment when I bring it out!


What do you put inside the box?  Anything, really.  Random craft supplies, "busy bags," puzzles, new books, paper and crayons- the list goes on!


I have been slowly adding to my box.  Most items are found around the home, or bought at the dollar store! You don't have to spend a lot to have fun!  Every time I shop, I look for clearance craft items to add to our box.


New crayons are kept in this cup!  We got it while we were out for breakfast (for my birthday)!  This doubles as an activity when we're finished coloring.


Oh! and that book in the middle...........?

THE TODDLER'S BUSY BOOK

by Trish Kuffner, Liya Lev Oertel


I have found tons of ideas inside for activities with my son!  I highly recommend it! click here to purchase the book from biblio.com!


enjoy your rainy days! 
xo SC



click here to follow my pinterest boards, and view more craft ideas!




2 comments:

  1. I love it! I really need to make a version of this for Ellie! We already have lots of activities available, but I really want to make one that's filled with special 'rainy day' activities for her to do only sometimes. Also, I'd like to sew her a Quiet Book for such occasions as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been thinking about doing some quiet books in the near future! Let me know how they work out!

      Delete