Sunday, July 14, 2013

Speaking of alternative parents....

oye.. I can't believe I forgot to add this to my last post!

As much as my son loves his kid's music, mom gets awfully tired of the wheels on the bus.  They go around... and around... and around... we get it. They may be fun every so often, but for long trips, its not good to have an annoyed driver.

When my son was younger, my husband and I would just play our music in the car.  Punk, metal- you name it.  However, once he started talking and picking up words left and right, we decided to put most of our music on hold. At least until he's old enough to learn the difference between "good" and "bad" words.

After the millionth time listening to the wheels on the bus (as well as other kids songs) I started searching for an alternative.  I wanted something in the middle.  Something age appropriate, yet a little easier on the ears. After an extensive search, I found a solution!

Brats on the Beat

H'OH MY GOSH! Ramones music, for kids? It sounded too good to be true! But really, its not bad! It's a little bit like kidzbop- Adults singing along with kids (only way better).  My favorite song on the disc is of course a Ramones classic: Blitzkrieg Bop, performed by Jim Lindberg! The original lead singer of Pennywise! We play this in the car often.  My husband and I sing along while my son taps his feet!

We got our copy from Amazon.com! CLICK HERE to order it, and read some more reviews!

xo
SC



Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment