Saturday, August 11, 2012

Motherhood

As I write this first post, my 8 month old son is asleep on my chest.

Being his mother has changed my life completely, but in the best of ways.  I'm never alone.  I get to be a teacher, a friend, a cook, a maid, a photographer, and of course- my son's biggest fan.  I'll never forget the overwhelming feeling of holding him for the first time.  One of my arms was still strapped to the surgery table, and I was shaking uncontrollably.  The c-section was almost over, but the skin-to-skin contact with my baby was a feeling unmatched by any other.  I have never felt such love.

8 months have flown by in an instant it seems.  He's almost crawling, stomping his feet when you hold his hands and walk him across the room. He smiles, laughs, babbles, and has an Irish temper like his mama. He has an amazing personality.

Most moments as a mother are wonderful, but so many thinks left us feeling overwhelmed.  Are we doing enough?  Are we good mothers?  Do we worry too much?  Not enough?

I will go through life and do the best that I can to be the mother he deserves.

xo
SC

No comments:

Post a Comment