Wednesday, August 15, 2012

quick tips for beauty

Ok ladies, one of the biggest changes as a mom (at least for me) is the daily beauty routine. Spending an hour on hair and makeup just can't happen- especially during that first year. That said, there are a couple things you can do to help your look!

Hair:
Pony tail or messy bun. This has been my go-to hairstyle for the past 8 months. Sometimes I throw in a cute clip, but that's about as wild as I've gotten on a day-to-day basis.

Tonight I came across a tutorial for a sock bun. Yes- SOCK! I tried it, and its adorable! It took me all of 30 seconds, and it looks far better than throwing my hair into a self made "bun." Another cool aspect? Leave it in overnight for amazing curls to rock the next day! Bye bye curling iron- hello 30 second sock!

Tutorial:
http://www.beautylish.com/a/vcvzi/how-to-sock-bun


Makeup:
Before: primer, foundation, concealer, bronzer, blush, powder, eyeshadow primer, shadows (3-4 shades), liner, mascara, lip gloss.

Now: *reads above* bahahaha yeah- right. Quick look: brown shadow and mascara.

To open up those tired eyes- put a tad of white (shadow or liner) on the inner corners of your eye lids, and just a touch of white (or shimmer) shadow on your brow bone- just below your eyebrows.

To keep your skin looking fresh- never go to bed with makeup on, and drink plenty of water!

xo
SC

No comments:

Post a Comment