Monday, January 14, 2013

Being a fabulous mom

I'll admit it, I have put so much energy into worrying about my new body.  I have been my own worst enemy when it comes to my loose skin and stretch marks. I have even cried while trying to get dressed because my old styles just don't look the same; I just felt frumpy and fat.
No more! Gone are the days of wishing things were as perkey as they once were- and wishing my mother's apron didn't exist. I'm not rich, and I can't afford cosmetic surgery, so what's left?
Sure I can work out and hope that things will tighten up a little more, but it's time I accept the fact that it may not.
And then it happened- I saw a picture of the gorgeous Heidi Klum with what looked like a "bloppy" (my friends word for the leftover belly skin). I looked closer at more of her pictures- and I realized something. The reason I had never noticed? She dresses for it!
Ah hah!
Forget the old ways of dressing- it's time to embrace my mom-bod and dress FOR it, instead of wishing it away. I can still be fabulous- I just need to learn how to dress my new body and flaunt the good features- such as my legs.
Mom, and fabulous. Challenge accepted!
What do you do to make yourself feel fabulous?





No comments:

Post a Comment