Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Making goals

Here I am living day to day, week to week, only looking forward to developmental accomplishments from my son (which is amazing, don't get me wrong!). I'm starting to feel like life is at a stand still. My entire childhood was full of goals; grades, sports, college- but what's next?

Marriage? Check!
Baby? Check!

Sure, I can 've content with my accomplishments, but time is moving so fast now that I'm not reaching for more. I have completed my big goals, so why not make some new ones? Shouldn't I keep striving for bigger and better things?

I've been thinking over the past few days and I've come up with a few things to start working towards.

1. Buy a house
In order to do this, we need to start saving for a down payment, closing costs, etc. We also need to decide where we want to be and what we can afford. Schools are something to consider, as well as travel distance for my husband's job. There is also a timeline, since I want our son to start and finish in the same school district. This goal is definitely high on the list!

2. Finish a book (and publish it)
I really enjoy creative writing, but I'm famous for starting an idea and losing focus midway through. I really want to push myself this time. By the end of 2013 I WILL at least finish writing one.

3. Figure out my next career move
If my writing doesn't take off- I need to figure out what to do once my son is school aged. I have an associates degree and some job experience in human services, but I'm not sure if I want to continue on that path. I love helping people, but jobs in that field can weigh so heavily on my heart.

Three. Three goals to meet!
Do you have any goals?
-SC

No comments:

Post a Comment